Coronavirus (COVID-19): staying safe and protecting others at Arnprior Farm’s Pumpkin Patch
Date: 27th August 2020
We have put a lot of thought into how we can bring the pumpkin patch at Arnprior Farm to life this year while staying safe and also protecting others.
We are fortunate that as a farm we have acres of outdoor space at our disposal, with plenty of fresh air and good Scottish weather to keep everyone who visits our vast farm as safe as possible.
In order to keep numbers to a safe level, this year we will reducing the number of cars that access our car park by 25%, this will allow for much greater social distancing. While staying safe and protecting others we will also implement the following measures:
- A reduction in the number of cars allowed into the car park at any one time
- Once parked, you will access the site via a polytunnel area where hand sanitising stations will be available
- There will be a strict one-way system into the polytunnel which will lead to the pumpkin patch field
On the patch
- The paths have been widened to allow for a one-way system into the field.
- The field spans over 12 acres, with two pumpkin patches, plus a tattie digging area. There is plenty of room to roam and ensure socially distant
- Higher traffic areas such as the polytunnel, catering area and toilet facilities will be zoned with maximum numbers to ensure there is always 2m distancing.
- Each zoned area will be clearly marked to allow a certain amount of people in it at one time
We will announce other updates over the coming weeks!
Duncan and Rebecca x